The location of the Corcovado Tent camp farm, is about 90 minutes from Puerto Jimenez located in the Osa peninsula. The main town on the Peninsula de Osa is Puerto Jimenez, which has about 12000 people. Over the past few years there has been a lot of development in the area which has brought more goods and services to the town. There are also several smaller towns to the north of Pto. Jimenez like Doz Brazos, La Palma, and Rincon. On the south end of the peninsula is the world famous surf area known as Matapalo. This area is highly sought after and has many ex-patriots living in the community. Carate which is the south gateway to Corcovado National Park is on the west side of the peninsula 45 Km from Puerto Jimenez. Road access is very important to most people. Most roads around here are four-wheel drive only. Passing through a creek or river is a daily occurrence. In some cases you must build or reinforce and then maintain an access road to your property. Even more properties and home sites are available to you if you don’t mind riding a horse or boat to access your property.
Wake to the sounds of Howler monkeys and pounding surf, look out upon endless vistas of jungle and sea, go for a horse ride along the empty pristine beach, take your own kayak, watch migratory and resident wading birds and raptors, walk amongst forest giants, snorkeling and diving, savor the fresh ocean breeze, …these are but a few of the day’s activities that will restore your energy and satisfy your soul.
Room for Development
• Though conceived as a tent camp, the owner also imagined one day doing a Sustainable Development on the property and as a result the owner was always thinking about developing a 20 to 30 room boutique Hotel on this property. The owner is very willing to be involved and has several options to consider, and has been one the main pioneers of the Costa Rican Tourism development.
It is no overstatement to declare that there is no property like this anywhere in the world. The combination of biodiversity, location, development potential and favorable political climate is unmatched in the tropical zone.
Even within Costa Rica, it is a rare and precious jewel. Once you’ve walked on the beaches and looked for miles in either direction without seeing anyone other than the Scarlet Macaws squawking from the almond trees that line the shore, you will know what a special opportunity this is. Whether for corporate retreat, boutique hotel, sustainable development, or, perhaps most ideally, a private estate and sanctuary, the land and its nature will reward you and your vision.
• 70 ha (173 acres) +/- of contiguous titled land
• Consisting of about 80% primary forest and about 20% secondary forest.
• Buildable for construction, of those 70 Ha are about 7 Ha Big part of the buildbale part is beach Front. This project should be developed as a low density project. By law only 10% could be developed according the restrictions of the area.
• 4 km (2.5 miles) of beachfront
• Surfing, hiking trails, horses, and excursions.
• There is located a 1500 meter access road in the property existing and the main access is by boat.
• Active liquor license
• Rights to use the land for Hotel Purposes by the Minaet ( environmental ministery)
• Active business license to be able to operate.
• Own stream as water supply
• The only buildings they have are: bathroom – kitchen and dorm facilities for the employee that takes care of the property. They are in need of serious repairs.