The farm is located near San Vito. It has good access roads, internal and external, the total area of the farm is 5.5 hectares: in production of gourmet coffee The temperature of this region is very nice. Lots of expats living in San Vito and is located about 23 Km of distance. Under these conditions, the coffee bean is characterized by its great nutty flavor. Produced in a significant elevation and a late ripening, this coffee is recognized worldwide as some of the best quality coffee. The collection comprises a period of four months, from November to February, coincides with the dry season, which allows uniform and high quality fruit ripening. It also facilitates the use of the sun for proper drying of coffee. This estate coffee is marketed under the brand “Café Oso Farms Coffee and well known internationally, the sale would come with export license for coffee from ICAFE and agricultural export license from PROCOMER. Proprietary instructions on how to make organic fertilizer from micro-organisms found in the rainforest substrata and how to use it. The first property is 5.5 ha of mostly coffee.
· Top rating coffee
· Pig housing structure with a waste storage container set up to harvest methane gas for fuel/cooking.
· Near the national park “La Amistad”.
· Very fertile soil.
· Oso Farms logos and brands with thousands of empty bags ready for use.
· Excellent grade coffee with consistent cup ratings between 84-86 over the last 3 years.
· New plants each year of about .5 hectares per year.
· 4 fish ponds. 3 fed by natural spring water plus 1 starter pond with a greenhouse enclosure fed by 2,500-liter water tank.
· 3 raised African drying beds for coffee, sun dried.
· Clear pasture area for cows, horses or to plant more coffee.
· One rustic 3-bedroom house where the farm manager and his family currently live. We believe they would be willing to stay and operate the farm under new ownership.
· 2nd house used for pickers during harvest season.
· One Isuzu Rodeo work vehicle.
· Various crops including yucca, corn, pineapples, etc.
· Recently replaced power lines, pole and meter.
· A supply of milled wood in different cuts and length.
· Concrete runners entering the property.
Much of the farm is on all sides of a hill so there is a nice view all around with no visible neighbors close by and no chance for run-off from higher properties. It is within sight of the largest national park and rainforest in Costa Rica.
We also have 16 hectares of raw land covered mostly with pine trees for sale.
I hereby declare that I know Mr. Peter Van Hussen, owner of Eco-Realtor Costa Rica Company, for more than 5 years.
During all that time, Peter has characterized himself, among other personal merits, for been a person who loves nature and for working actively in projects, programs, commissions and working groups related to nature preservation and to environmental conservation in general.
During all the years that I worked as an environmental advisor for the Central Pacific Chamber of Commerce and for the Municipality of Garabito County, both located in Jacó City, I could observe that Peter was regularly invited to be part of projects and working commissions that had to do –among other topics- with the reduction of the environmental pollution existing in the Garabito County due to untreated sewage waters, with conservation and restoration of the watersheds that exist in the mountain zone of the county, with the problems that exist in the coastal zone, with ecotourism development, with protection and development of the nearby national parks and equivalent reserves, and in general with sustainable development of Garabito.
In all these commissions and working groups, Peter stands out for his excellent ideas and for his very active participation, and for the personal experience he demonstrated because of the jobs he has had and because of the many trips he has taken in his life.
Mario A. Boza
Vice Minister of Natural Resources
Co founder of Costa Rica’s National ParksMario A. Boza
Peter was personally recommended to me by one of his peers – a successful real estate professional – and I quickly knew why. I realized that Peter’s ethics towards responsible stewardship of land was exactly what I was looking for in marketing my unusual property of virgin forest. He listened carefully and understood my desire to search for a buyer intending to preserve the forest in perpetuity, and he already had the connections to advertise to this type of client. I am very impressed by the weight Peter places in responsibility towards a sustainable environment as an integral part of his business.David Reuland