Escazu is, without a doubt, one of the Central Valley’s most desirable neighborhoods. Escazu offers the most refined combination of life, work, and play in the city, as well as the most convenience (it’s less than 20 minutes to the international airport, 15 minutes to downtown San Jose, and only an hour to the central Pacific coast). The “live” part, of course, alludes to the presence of some of the area’s best houses and gated communities, which can be found both in the lower part of Escazu and up on the slope, where they enjoy breathtaking panoramas of San Jose below. Escazu has a well-deserved reputation as the heart of the 20th century commercial area, as it is home to some of the city’s most prestigious Class A, business centers and office parks. Finally, the vast array of amenities available for people to enjoy (play) their lifestyle has grown in tandem with the residential and commercial sectors over the past decade. Escazu has some of the best cafes, restaurants, schools, malls, movie theaters, and cultural attractions in the country.
- This is a 1970’s James Bond designed open plan home with stunning panoramic views over the entire Central Valley from east to west, including downtown San Jose, National Stadium, International Airport, etc. You can see almost everything in the Central Valley and you will be perched above the rest of San José in a very quiet, private and exclusive setting. This is one of the best views and even better at night, just stunning.
- Nice rental income and popular house.
- Ideal for first and last night stays for your vacation in Costa Rica. It would be a perfect start to your honeymoon or vacation, ideal for families or groups of friends of up to 12 people, although we have had groups of 20+ people get creative with sleeping arrangements.
- There are five bedrooms including a lush honeymoon suite and there are two living areas on different levels, both with interesting brass fireplace features with gas fireplaces. The kitchen at the heart of the house also enjoys the stunning views and is surrounded by landscaped gardens. This combination creates a great atmosphere and a unique style that many have compared to a 1970s James Bond style house, making it an ideal place to recover from your flight and relax with plenty of space. We have a music center and speakers throughout the house, where you can choose your own music.
- The house has an area that can be converted into a private cinema as we have a projector and a giant 150″ screen, excellent for watching movies or sporting events. This area can also be used as a dance area or even to put on a show.
- The cozy honeymoon suite is one of the best rooms in the house and is perfect as a sensual romantic getaway with stone walls and clever subtle lighting, with its own brick fireplace, and has a large modern bathroom. The other rooms are medium in size, normal rooms with basic decoration and access to basic bathroom facilities, the rooms are not the main feature of the house. The open plan design and different levels make it an ideal place for parties and for groups to socialize.
- There is a large terrace and balcony with lush gardens to enjoy during the day or at night, hang out and eat and drink al fresco, while taking in the rest of the San José Central Valley below.
- The house is about 20 minutes from the International Airport, if there is light traffic and easy access to shops, bars and restaurants in Escazu and about 15 minutes from downtown San José.
- Private parking is available for 7 or 8 cars.
At a discount of roughly 20%, this could be the perfect opportunity to launch your ecolodges and jungle network for just $2.4M. A lodge in southern Costa Rica would be a great addition to the business. You also get a wonderful property in Escazu to serve as a base from which to greet visitors, kick off their tours, and manage the business’s operations.