Live a dream lifestyle in the “Land of the Eternal Spring” as people call Ciudad Colon. These magnificent ready-to-build estate lots have all utilities available and offer a unique combination of topography, gentle climate, and a level of seclusion that perfect for those who are looking to live away from the crowds but still only 25 minutes’ drive from CIMA Hospital, Multiplaza Escazu, Walmart, and a numerous of amenities…
El Rodeo neighborhood. The old farmhouse that already holds about 100 years, is still preserved. Their lands are within the Protective Zone of “El Rodeo”. Hence its forests represent the main private ecological reserve in the country, this was possible thanks to the visionary and environmentalist attitude of our father Don Cruz Rojas Bennett.
Part of the land (300 hectares) was donated in 1978 to be used for the construction of The University for Peace. “El Rodeo” continues being a valuable scientific, tourist and educational resource for the population of the Central Valley of the country.
15-Highlights of the Rodeo Ciudad Colon Area!!
- Wonderful landscape and scenery
- Exquisite climate
- Pure fresh air
- Plenty of sun
- Exuberant flora and fauna
- Marvelous nature making you vibrate in harmony with the universal energy
- Area of great appreciation
- Properties bordered by a creek and large forest
- All utilities on site: paved street, water, electricity, Internet, and telephone services
- Great opportunity of walking or horse-back riding
- Proximity to Route 27 and to all amenities of Santa Ana and Escazu
- Abundant water all the year round
- Healthy environment in the surroundings of the International University for Peace
Ciudad Colon is well known for the fact that it houses the University of Peace and the World Earth Council. This university is sponsored by the United Nations and offers graduate courses in peace studies. The new highway to Caldera makes Ciudad Colon incredibly accessible. Living in Ciudad Colon
Living in Ciudad Colon will give you this countryside feeling, and it is also the home to the Peace University. Ciudad Colon property can be a great option if you need to purchase or sell Costa Rica real estate.
- There is a place, in the western part of the Central Valley, near the University for La Paz, where one is during the silence of nature, where from various points you have spectacular views over the distance of the valley with volcanoes in the distance.
- Finca is a beautiful farm of close to 5 Ha hectares located in the community of El Rodeo, Ciudad Colon, Cantón de Mora, Province of San José. (From El Rodeo Community Center, 1 kilometer North.)
- The proximity of a conservation area allows the presence of varied wildlife such as toucans, deer, monkeys. There is also a wide variety of tree flora.
- The farm has two forests on each side with hundred-year-old trees which can be traversed along beautiful trails and has fruit trees: sour lemons, oranges, mandarins, sweet lemons.
- It has all the Public Services: Water, Electricity and Telephone and has a house for laborers, and a ranch with beautiful views and that has two houses a coral and a rancho.
- Bordering the Private Preservation Area of United Nations University for Peace
- Great for a compound of several building sites or a mixed development with elderly care, boutique Hotel site, Permaculture, great for nomads since fiber optics in the area. Condo complex with low footprint with residential houses possible.
- Close to the Lindora in St Anna, with a clinic and a small hospital.
- Height of 980 meters above sea level.
- Lots of fruit trees like orange, mandarins, avocado, caimito, limon acid, maracuja, mango, and cas.
- Trails in the small forest and macaws are coming to eat.
- According to the owner the white-faced monkeys come every day through the forest.
- One small house and house for visitors, and 2 small caretakers houses., social area with cooking facilities.
- Special Microclimate between the Central Pacific and the Atlantic
- Water on the property like two creeks, 4 water connections
- Well on the property and water connection with the ASADA
- Electricity and fiber optics.
- Calle publica for segregation purposes
- Pools and water fall in the rainy season
- Property is enclosed by small parts of secondary forest total close to 2.5 Ha which connects the Universidad de la Paz reserve and crates a wildlife corridor in the property.
- Lots of parking space.
- 30 years in the care of the owner who started this property from scratch, since 1991
- Strategically located near the 27 highway, Ciudad Colon, the Central Valley, the Central Pacific coast, and Puriscal.
- Reforestation according to the owner of 2000 trees.
- 400 meters distance of one of the best local restaurants in the country “El Rodeo”.
- 3 entries to the farm from the road.
- Commercial use like a 174-meter minimum.
I see this area of the Rodeo develop in a little upscale niche market near Ciudad Colon. This farm great for a mixed development with a Boutique Hotel with restriction of height of 3 floors, residential, elderly care possibility, virtual nomad paradise, permaculture possibilities.