30 Hectares (74.1316 acres) Farm for Sale in the central pacific area, Bijagual, Costa Rica
This huge expat, family or investors paradise and “the land of your dreams”, is a very peaceful property located in a place of great natural beauty, with beautiful landscapes, spectacular views, daily sightings of birds like toucans and the scarlet macaw, as well as animals like monkeys, sloths, pizotes and deer, as it is near the national environmental protected Carara National Park.
The property is just a short drive to the ocean, high above everything, surrounded by green mountains and lush jungle. In the vicinity there are two small towns, El Sur and Las Delicias Turrubares, these towns have very friendly locals and nice churches and schools. Its climate ranges between 20° C (68° F) and 25° C (77° F), because it is located in a mountainous region.
As you drive toward the property, through the exotic animal-infested jungle, up through the lush green mountains and pass by one of the tallest waterfalls in Costa Rica, you will experience beautiful, spectacular, birds-eye views of the bright blue Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Nicoya, Carara National Park and the world-famous Tárcoles River, home to some of the largest crocodiles on the planet.
The property consists of two levels:
• One with an area of 5 hectares (12.3553 acres), and another 25 hectares (61.7763 acres). Eight of those hectares are pristine primary forest.
• A main house with 2 floors, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, living room, large terrace and garage space.
• A small house, designed for farm workers that can also be used as a cabin, that features a large bedroom, 1 bathroom, living room, kitchen and terrace. Also could be to be rented for extra income.
• Cattle corral roofing, in very good condition.
• Construction to raise pigs. (two departments)
• Construction to raise chickens.
• Electric, water, hi-speed internet, cable and landline telephone.
Lots of fruit trees:
• One hundred and twenty rambutan trees, grafted trees, tangerine, orange, guava, cashew, peach, chestnut, carambola, cas, water apple, nance, sweet lime, lemon and more. It also has many trees that can be leveraged quality wood. Borehole which provides drinking water all year round. Special pasture for cattle. Small pools to raise tilapia. The farm currently generates a nice salary just from some of the fresh, organic fruits and vegetables that are grown on site and great potential for other type of cash flow opportunities like cacao.
The rambutan which we call “ mamon chino” is making about $10.000 a year and is creating cashflow to maintain the farm. The land seems to be fertile and right for a permaculture community since the macaw lodge is already positioned as a permaculture heaven. The pastureland could be designed with green housing and residentials as a sustainable development and regenerated . My take this is a great start to start this community, has some infrastructure and has land.