20 Hectares (exactly 198 000 m2) of rolling undeveloped rainforest with several good building sites. The farm is in the form of a square, fruit trees throughout the valley and on the west slope.
Location is on the down slope of the Coastanera after Villa Caletas.
The plus of the property
– The property has an ocean view of part of the Los Suenos Marina bay. Power is close by.
– 200 + hundred meters of Coastanera frontage
– Spring and lots of green on property
– No building restrictions, minimum mature trees per year per hectare only to prevent serious erosion
– Title and plano is clear with IDA
Possible development on the property
1. West side is a ridge running south to north. Northside is the highest point along this side. This ridge with peek-a-boo ocean views can accomodate around 5 good large lot pads up to the northeast corner.
2. Northwest to Northeast side continues to climb up to about midway, then drops to the valley below and again climbs up to the north eastern corner of the square. This area from the northwest to the midway point ridge has the best views of all with maybe 4 possible large lots.
3. Eastern most property line is the highway. Northeast to southeast is a curving line running north to south. Here are many options for development. There is immediately off the highway a hill up 15 meters high by around 50 meters deep, then it slopes to the valley floor below. This area could be set up to put lightweight condos on the western side of the ridge line. Letting the hillock to be a natural noise buffer.
4. Southern most line starts at the southwest corner highway. Then runs west down into the valley and clibs up again to the western ridge line. This has the lowest points and basically in not developable.
– A road needs to be constructed to bring electrical from the east side. A basic road construction costs would be about 10-12,000 USD with drainage and all it should be less than 20,000 USD.
– A road could be pushed through to the west slope and a lot sold to pay for all development of the ridge. Once a couple of slope lots were built and sold, the ridge, land, road and estate construction costs should be paid of.
I hereby declare that I know Mr. Peter Van Hussen, owner of Eco-Realtor Costa Rica Company, for more than 5 years.
During all that time, Peter has characterized himself, among other personal merits, for been a person who loves nature and for working actively in projects, programs, commissions and working groups related to nature preservation and to environmental conservation in general.
During all the years that I worked as an environmental advisor for the Central Pacific Chamber of Commerce and for the Municipality of Garabito County, both located in Jacó City, I could observe that Peter was regularly invited to be part of projects and working commissions that had to do –among other topics- with the reduction of the environmental pollution existing in the Garabito County due to untreated sewage waters, with conservation and restoration of the watersheds that exist in the mountain zone of the county, with the problems that exist in the coastal zone, with ecotourism development, with protection and development of the nearby national parks and equivalent reserves, and in general with sustainable development of Garabito.
In all these commissions and working groups, Peter stands out for his excellent ideas and for his very active participation, and for the personal experience he demonstrated because of the jobs he has had and because of the many trips he has taken in his life.
Mario A. Boza
Vice Minister of Natural Resources
Co founder of Costa Rica’s National ParksMario A. Boza
Peter was personally recommended to me by one of his peers – a successful real estate professional – and I quickly knew why. I realized that Peter’s ethics towards responsible stewardship of land was exactly what I was looking for in marketing my unusual property of virgin forest. He listened carefully and understood my desire to search for a buyer intending to preserve the forest in perpetuity, and he already had the connections to advertise to this type of client. I am very impressed by the weight Peter places in responsibility towards a sustainable environment as an integral part of his business.David Reuland