The unique property of 14 hectares with 2,500 square meters, includes among others, the following natural resources.
- Three hectares dedicated to organic agriculture cacao and vanilla, and which was certified by the company ECO-LOGICA for seven years. There are more than 1000 plants of vanilla, and its good agricultural practices are maintained. It is important to note that a farm ecology is characterized by its diversity of food plants, the good use of soils, protection of biodiversity and water. The richness of an organic farm is in the diversity of plants that it has among which cocoa, vanilla, citrus, and other fruit trees stand out, pepper, coconuts, Chinese papaya, achiote.
- Primary and secondary forest of approximately 11 hectares. East forest is under the protection of Payment for Environmental Services (PSA) an incentive granted by the Government of Costa Rica to protect the natural resources. The PSA is renewed every five years and for 19 years the ECO-Farm has this incentive. This little pristine lush forest is serving as a steppingstone for connection with the natural corridor
- Own water source that is born in the mountain that surrounds part of the property, and that has water all year round, a private water well with capacity to supply 33 homes.
- Additionally, the Eco-Farm has drinking water services supplied by the Santa Rosa Rural Aqueduct (ASADA).
- A wetland of one hectare pending registration.
- 120 meters of frontage where some residential houses could be built for a small community and or mixed development.
- Large trail through the forest and cacao and vanilla farm.
- Rustic house on the property with water and electricity.
- The owner has been involved with many community programs in the country
- The land has a strong ecological vocation according to the vision of its owner who has maintained the existing primary and secondary forest.
- Has developed several crops with organic farming like cacao and vanilla.
- The farm has an ecologically sustainable management.
- The farm has a high tourism potential through guided tours of students and researchers from universities in Costa Rica, Canada and USES. This activity was developed in the past. Various programs of volunteering from Germany, France, Spain, Colombia, the United States and Costa Rica have also visited the ECO-Finca and have stayed in the family houses in the communities of Cartagena and Santa Rosa.
- In the arable area there are cocoa crops and there is also potential for the cultivation of vanilla, whose development was enhanced in May 2018, because the ECO-Finca has many of its own plants. Within 5 years (2018-2022) a plantation of 1000 plants of vanilla whose market is guaranteed in the same country.
- There is also a great variety of crops and fruit trees that are presented in the inventory of tree species and crops